India's leading & organised suppliers and Exporter of Livestock and Processed Meat

Sirohi.

The Sirohi goat is a compact, medium-sized breed native to the Sirohi district of Rajasthan located in western India.

Sirohi goats are dual-purpose animals, being reared for both milk and meat. The animals are popular for their weight gain and lactation even under poor quality rearing conditions. The animals are resistant to major diseases and are easily adaptable to different climatic conditions. Though the main breeding tracts of Sirohi goats are situated in the Aravalli hills of Rajasthan, they are also widely distributed in several other Indian states.[3] On average, 90% of all births will result in a single kid with the remaining 10% producing twins. Lactation can last for up to 90 days and average to 0.75–1 kg/day for a good does.

Characteristics

Sirohi goats have a predominantly brown coat, with light or dark brown patches. On occasion, the coat may be completely white in colour. Most sirohi goats are wattled and have medium-sized flat leaf-like drooping ears.

Alternate Name

The breed is also known by other names such as Devgarhi, Parbatsari, and Ajmeri.

Source / Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org